This refresher training demonstrates skill sets of a Competent Person Trainer and informs students on the new regulation standards and equipment of a Competent Person. It also provides relevant updates for a Competent Person Trainer.
Students will expand their knowledge and ability to identify hazardous conditions, develop programs and make equipment selections to properly deal with fall hazards. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will receive a certificate acknowledging they have met or exceeded OSHA, ANSI and CSA requirements as a Competent Person and will be certified through 3M Safety Training as a Competent Person Trainer.
- Fall protection regulations
- Fall hazard elimination and controls
- Fall hazard surveys and fall protection procedures
- Responsibilities of competent persons
- Detailed inspection of equipment components and systems
- Fall protection system assessments and determining when a system is unsafe
- Learning objectives
- Developing leson plans
- Skills in adult education