The Competent Person training enables the attendee to be responsible for the immediate supervision, implementation and monitoring of a managed fall protection program. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate acknowledging you have met or exceeded OSHA and ANSI requirements as a Competent Person and Competent Inspector.
This course includes in-class lectures including slides and video and hands-on scenarios applying theory discussed to practical workplace situations. This Competent Person training is a pass/fail program incorporating both written and practical examinations and is based on the requirements of the OSHA Regulations, ANSI Z359.2 as well as local legislation that will be discussed and reinforced. Attendees will learn practical solutions to difficult fall protection problems using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Regulations relating to all fall protection topics
- Fall hazard elimination and controls methods
- Fall hazard surveys and fall protection procedures
- Responsibilities of Competent Persons
- Detailed inspection of equipment components and systems
- Fall protection system assessments and determining when a system is unsafe
- Fall protection rescue procedures
- Selection and use of non-certified anchorages
- Fall hazard surveys