This Privacy Statement describes how Capital Safety collects, uses, discloses, transfers, and stores your personal information on Capital Safety websites. As used in this Statement, the term "personal information" means information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us.
- Consent . By using the Capital Safety websites or providing personal information to us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Statement. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Statement, do not use Capital Safety's websites.
- Collection of your Personal Information. Capital Safety may collect personal information from you, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Capital Safety may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that may be automatically collected by Capital Safety. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information may be used by Capital Safety for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Capital Safety website. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personal information or personally sensitive information through Capital Safety public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Capital Safety encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Capital Safety so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Capital Safety is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Capital Safety domain and Capital Safety family of websites.
- Use of your Personal Information. Capital Safety collects and uses your personal information to operate the Capital Safety website and deliver the services you have requested. Capital Safety also uses your personal information to inform you of other products or services available from Capital Safety and its affiliates. Capital Safety may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. Capital Safety does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Capital Safety may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personal information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Capital Safety may share data with third-party service providers to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Capital Safety, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. Capital Safety keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within Capital Safety, in order to determine what Capital Safety services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Capital Safety to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Capital Safety websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Capital Safety or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Capital Safety; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Capital Safety, or the public.
- Opting out of Capital Safety Communications. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from Capital Safety, you may opt out of receiving such emails by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email newsletter you receive from us, or, if you created an online account when you registered to receive our emails, you may log into your account and make changes to your communication preferences. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing from our marketing emails using the above methods, please contact us directly at the email or mailing addresses listed below under "Contact Information." Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, we may need to send you service-related communications and may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
- Security of your Personal Information. Capital Safety uses commercially reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Changes to this Statement. Capital Safety will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Capital Safety encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Capital Safety is protecting your information.
- Contact Information. Capital Safety welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Capital Safety has not adhered to this Statement, please contact the Capital Safety legal department. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.