Effective Date: June 10, 2014
This Privacy Statement (the "Statement") describes how Capital Safety collects, uses, discloses, transfers, and stores your personal information on Capital Safety websites that refer to this Statement (the "Website(s)"). As used in this Statement, the term “personal information” means information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us.
- Consent. By using the Capital Safety Websites or providing personal information to us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Statement. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Statement, do not use Capital Safety’s Websites.
- Collection of your Personal Information. Capital Safety may collect personal information from you, including your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Capital Safety may also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that may be automatically collected by Capital Safety. This information includes: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses.
We do not knowingly collect or process any sensitive personal information about you. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personal information or personally sensitive information through Capital Safety public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
Capital Safety encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Capital Safety so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Capital Safety is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Capital Safety and Capital Safety family of websites.
- Purposes of Use of your Personal Information. Capital Safety collects and uses your personal information to operate the Capital Safety Websites and deliver the services you have requested. In addition, Capital Safety collects and uses information about your computer hardware and software for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Capital Safety Website.
Capital Safety also uses your personal information to carry out marketing activities, such as to inform you of other products or services available from Capital Safety and its affiliates. Capital Safety may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. Please note that to contact you for marketing and advertising purposes is not essential for us. Thus, during the registration process we will provide you with an option for you to decide whether you would like or not to receive marketing and commercial communications from us.
Capital Safety does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Capital Safety may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
Capital Safety keeps track of the Websites and pages our customers visit within Capital Safety, in order to determine what Capital Safety services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Capital Safety to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Capital Safety Websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or if necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Capital Safety or the site by competent authority; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Capital Safety; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Capital Safety, or the public.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Capital Safety pages, or register with Capital Safety site or services, a cookie helps Capital Safety to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Capital Safety website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Capital Safety features that you customized. We may occasionally engage third parties to track and analyze information about your activity on our Websites, including data gathered by cookies or web beacons. Capital Safety Websites use Google Analytics cookies.
- Opting out of Capital Safety Communications. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from Capital Safety, you may opt out of receiving such emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email newsletter you receive from us, or, if you created an online account when you registered to receive our emails, you may log into your account and make changes to your communication preferences. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing from our marketing emails using the above methods, please contact us directly at the email or mailing addresses listed below under “Contact Information.”
Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing communications, we may need to send you service-related communications and may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
- Security of your Personal Information. Capital Safety uses commercially reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Changes to this Statement. Capital Safety will occasionally update this Statement to reflect company and customer feedback. Capital Safety encourages you to periodically review this Statement on the Websites to be informed of how Capital Safety is protecting your information. The new version of the Statement will include an updated date, so that you may note that the Statement has been changed.
- Contact Information. Capital Safety welcomes your comments regarding this Statement. If you believe that Capital Safety has not adhered to this Statement, please contact the Capital Safety legal department. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
- Right to access and object. You may at any time request to be informed of personal information that Capital Safety holds about you, to have inaccurate personal data corrected or removed, to cancel your personal data, to revoke at any time consent previously granted to us for processing your data and to object to the processing of your personal information as described in this Statement for legitimate purposes, except where the data processing is implemented in compliance with mandatory provisions of the applicable law. If you wish to access such personal information, you should apply in writing to Capital Safety at email@example.com. To assist Capital Safety in maintaining the accuracy of your personal data, you must advise Capital Safety of any changes to your personal data. If Capital Safety is informed of changes or otherwise becomes aware of any inaccuracy in the personal data that has been recorded, Capital Safety will correct that inaccuracy at the earliest practical opportunity.
- How we share your Personal Information. Capital Safety may share your personal information with third-party service providers to help us maintain the Capital Safety Websites, perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, arrange for deliveries or support the website hosting. All such third parties will be under an obligation to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal information, and to process such information only in accordance with our instructions.
In addition, Capital Safety will transfer of your personal information through and to Capital Safety Inc.’s servers for website hosting in the United States.
Some of these recipients are located in countries that do not provide an equivalent level of protection as your home country. To allow and secure the transfer of your personal information to these recipients for the purposes described above and in order to comply with local data privacy laws, Capital Safety has entered into data transfer agreements based on the Model Contractual Clauses of the European Commission.